Germany is sweating and the heat wave has the country under full control. During the day you can cool off with a dip in a swimming lake or an ice cream. At night, however, many are currently struggling with sleep problems. However, there are some tips on how to make the nights a little more relaxing.
- The bedroom is best ventilated early in the morning. During the day, it is advisable to close the windows and close shutters or curtains.
- Instead of beer or other ice-cooled drinks, warm herbal tea should be drunk in the evening. Then the body does not need to spend energy to bring the drink to body temperature.
- Just before going to bed, it can be pleasant to take a lukewarm shower. It is refreshing to hold the wrists under cool water afterwards.
- Sleep clothes made of cotton, linen or silk can be put in the refrigerator two hours before bedtime. If you put it on right before the night’s sleep, it’s nice and cool.
- A damp rag on the forehead cools the head, possibly facilitating sleep. Care should be taken with air conditioners or fans. Here, tensions or even cooling threaten.
- It may also be helpful to hang a wet sheet on the open window. It removes heat from the environment by evaporation, the air cools. Those who heed these tips should be able to sleep better in high heat.